Join Our Team
Human Resources Manager
IPSS is a premier institute for peace and security studies in Africa. Its mission is to promote peace and security in Ethiopia and Africa at large through education, research and professional development. The Institute produces skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management and resolution as well as in peacebuilding, and promotes the values of a democratic and peaceful society. The African Peace and Security Programme (APSP) is a collaboration between the IPSS and the African Union (AU).
In an effort to effectively utilize and manage its human resources, IPSS is looking for a qualified and experienced professional to be hired as a Human Resources Manager.
Tasks and deliverables:
- The HR Manager will undertake the following tasks:
- In consultation with line managers, determine manpower requirements and draft TOR’s accordingly;
- Advertising job vacancies and involve in the entire recruitment process;
- Assist in drafting and delivery of IPSS contracts;
- Updating the IPSS HR manual work on its implementation;
- Perform skills audit regularly;
- Ensure recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to (including assessing the above and recommending improvements);
- Screening and interviewing applicants for basic compliance with position qualifications and summarizing CVs for easier evaluation;
- Work on the preparation of an organogram and continuously update it;
- Generating recruitment evaluation reports;
- Maintaining an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions;
- Conduct periodic skills audits of the existing staff;
- Facilitate the implementation of periodic performance evaluations for all IPSS staff;
- Perform a periodic review of the salary grid and staff benefits for the required update;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpret and advise on employment law;
- Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Undertake inductions and training for new staff;
- analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers;
- Staff appraisal, including the facilitation of staff performance assessments;
- Staff capacity development, including the development of a yearly training schedule, monitoring compliance;
- Conduct exit interviews and make sure the proper handover of all work-related items has been done by the departing staff members;
- Perform additional tasks on administrative issues as assigned by IPSS leadership.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business management or administration, or a relevant field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility in Human Resources and administration, with at least 3 years at a managerial level.
- Experience in resource management and staff development in an organization.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrates Ethical Awareness and detailed knowledge of the local labour law.
- Builds and maintains partnerships, business-oriented and results-focused.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall send a cover letter and CV not more than 3 pages to IPSS through e-mail email@example.com , with the subject line “HR Manager-IPSS” by the 28th of May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.