BIENNALE OF LUANDA 2021 Pan-African Forum for the Culture of Peace
Organized in partnership between UNESCO, the Government of Angola and the African Union, the Biennale of Luanda – “Pan-African Forum for the Culture of Peace” aims to promote the prevention of violence and the resolution of conflicts, by encouraging cultural exchanges in Africa, dialogue between generations and the promotion of gender equality. As a space for reflection and dissemination of artistic works, ideas and best practices related to the culture of peace, it brings together representatives of governments, civil society, the artistic and scientific community, and international organizations
A 6 days hybrid programme combining physical and virtual events structured around 4 themes:
- Contribution of arts, culture and heritage to sustainable peace
- Engaging young people as actors of social transformations for conflict prevention and sustainable development
- Africa and its diasporas in the face of conflicts, crises and inequality
- Harnessing the potential of the oceans for sustainable development and peace
Several events will be organized throughout the Biennale:
- The Official Opening organized in Luanda with high-level participants Head of States, Ministers, International organisations representatives and renowned personalities to support the Biennale.
- The Intergenerational Dialogue to enable young people to interact with Head of States and Ministers and make their voices heard.
- The 4 virtual Thematic Forums to share best practices based on impactful initiatives already implemented for peace and sustainable development in Africa and elaborate flagship initiatives.
- The 4 virtual Partnership Sessions to identify projects and initiatives, and mobilize resources to turn them into action within the Alliance of Partners for a Culture of Peace.
- The 4 days Festival of Cultures with virtual and live cultural events offering a unique space for exchange between the cultural identities of Africa and its Diasporas.
- The Closing ceremony to officially launch the Alliance of Partners for a Culture of Peace and adopt the Biennale Joint Communique and Roadmap….. Read More